Remember the old 8 mm movie reels that we (if you're as old as I am) used to watch on a projector and a big screen, that my big strong Dad could put up soooo easily? Well, "bear" with me here .... did you ever watch Winnie the Pooh movies? I remember one in particular, when Pooh was sitting on a log trying to come up with a solution to one of his friends' problems. And he's sitting there thumping his finger to his temple, repeating "think, think, think". So here's where I come in. I'm feeling a little like Winnie the Pooh, except that I can't thump the side of my head because I need both hands to put my words on this blog. My creative juices seem to be at an all time low, and it couldn't have come at a worse time. Yeah ... just in time for me to create my stupendous, outrageously funny, but meaningful Christmas letter.
So who to blame??? I'm thinking of blaming my inspirations for this blog - you know who you are. I'm wasting all my creative thinking on this blog. But if I'm really honest with myself, it's probably just me, feeling quite boring right now. Nothing really exciting is happening, except for my new car I got today, and MRI on my old & achey elbow (see below), and I spent several days in Florida last week. See how boring my life has become?!?
So about the MRI. Some of you may remember that I had shoulder surgery last January. With my left arm in a sling for a loooong 10 weeks, I continued on with all the work that a Mother typically does, except that I of course, only used my right arm for everything! Yup, sure enough, at about 10 weeks my right elbow started showing signs of "tennis elbow". I wanted to scream at the Doctor and say, "I wish I had been playing tennis, it would've been a lot more fun than laundry and housework with one arm!" So two cortizone shots later, and an evaluation by my Physical Therapist sister-in-law, I moved from my shoulder doctor to an elbow doctor. She's suspicious that it's more than just a little tennis elbow, in light of the fact that I can't fully extend my arm and also have trouble turning my hand palm up (that's supination to you medical people). Results from the MRI tomorrow, and then we'll go from there. I will say though that I had my first PT appt. today, and after some TLC, ultrasound, and Electrical Stim, I am feeling some relief from the intense pain whenever I use my arm for it's intended uses. I'll keep you posted!
"Think, Think, Think"!
5 comments:
Cindy, I don't know what you are thinking! Your life is far from boring! Um, let's see...travel to Florida for a few days (poor thing), new car (boo hoo);) ... You have got a great life. Maybe you need to come over to my house. We will keep you busy! And we will have to get after Heather for taking all of your creative juices from you! :)
Wait a minute......Don't blame me! And ditto to what Kim has said. Wah Wah I went to Florida last week, I had to be where it was warm and didn't have to put 4 coats on 4 small children and button up 15 buttons on each child, then help them each put on their shoes, and then put them into car seats only to find out 2 of them have to go potty. Sorry....had to go off. Cindy! You are living the young mama's dream. Sleeping in, traveling, not having to find babysitters, driving a NEW car? What did you get? I bet NOT a mini-van. Ok now I'm done on my rampage....and now will you get writting that Christmas letter because I will need something to read while recovering the rest of the week. It's under the knife for me tomorrow.
OK you young Mommy's! I was there once too, and I remember well! SO ... I wasn't really whining, I just wanted to get some comments ... mission accomplished! No Heather, not a mini-van, PTL! I am sooo sorry about the surgery, I hope your recovery is speedy and pain free, just watch out for Day 7. That's what the Dr. and others told us when Alli and later Abbi had their tonsils out, and it was true! We thought, wow, this isn't so bad, almost time to send them back to school, and then we hit Day 7!!! So wake up that morning and start taking tylenol or something right away, and don't let the pain sneak in, or you can't overcome it. That's it from me, Nurse Nellie!
OK, I am going to complain like Heather did. What's going on? No updates yet or are you working too hard on organizing your pictures?
OK Kim, I'm creating a new post now, but YES ... I've been attempting to scan a picture to put on my Blog. Once I figure it out, you'll love it!
Post a Comment