Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Finally!

Well I'm finally glad to be home, and I'm glad everyone is so EXCITED for me to be home : )
So this is Alli if you didn't know. I am hacking onto my mother's blog. Actually, I just finally had the time to post her profile picture and now (since her blogger account is already up) I am going to make a post. The picture really wasn't that hard to upload, but I'm having trouble finding ways to make it any bigger. Any ideas?

So life is good at the Hawkins home. Blah blah blah.
But life here is so much better now that I'm back and living in my newly painted room. It doesn't quite feel like my room yet though. In case you didn't know, I got kicked out my room by my 10 year old sister. I guess that's what you get for going to college. Hm. Life is rough.
I'm glad to be done with finals and moving onto a new semester of classes. I'm getting excited for SST this coming summer. I'll be spending three months in Nicaragua. But before that, I am SO excited to make my way to the land down under with my wonderful family. The vacation of my dreams!! : ) I am also looking foward to a new, promising season of volleyball in 2008. And I am happy that my "good friend, who is a boy" (that's for you mom) is coming home on Saturday. He's on a service trip in Mississippi.

I could stay up for 3 more hours writing on this blog because I'm not tired. College students generally don't get tired until about 3am. And especially after finals week--where I've conditioned myself to stay awake until 3 or 4 to study--I am in no mood to go to bed before 2 am. So what's a college student home for break to do?

I guess I'll have to go work on all those Christmas presents I've got to get done before Saturday. Plus, I have some laundry to fold (gross!) and I could do some more "goodwill" sorting. Too many clothes in this girl's closest.

That's all for now : ) I hope you enjoyed reading this. I think my mom's life is more exciting than mine though. So don't you worry, she'll be back shortly. And in the meantime, maybe we can figure out how to make that darn picture bigger!
I'm gonna post some pictures to help spice up this blog a little bit. Maybe inspire my mom to do the same? Good night everyone!
My parents are so proud of me : )

Here's the boy who is not a colts fan AT ALL



These are my roommates

my awesome volleyball team

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh Alli, You are my Hero!!! And I'm so glad to know everything that's going on in your life. :)
Love you tons! Mom

Jillian said...

Great job Alli! Enjoy your break! Wish everyone a Merry Christmas for us!!

Kim said...

Alli, I too got kicked out of my room after going off to college. Kinda sucks but we move on. Glad you are home and what a great pic of your momma! I am not sure how to enlarge it, but I will do some checking! LOL

Unknown said...

Alli, Fun post. I enjoyed it very much. So where is your room now? Did you trade with your sister or move to the basement?

We took a trip to Nicaragua 2 years ago to visit friends who were missionaries there. It was a really great experience! you will have a good time I'm sure. Do you know where you are going in Nicaragua?

And where is the vacation of your dreams?? Is your family going to Australia?

And what about those clothes.....pass them to me! Or are they too cool for a mom to wear?

Unknown said...

And by the way Alli, Nice looking "friend" that is a boy. :O)

Alli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alli said...

I think he's pretty good looking, myself : )