... but in Wana Waves it's so delightful! Yup, that's right ... Wana Waves for 6 hours on Sunday! We slipped and slid all the way to Shipshewana to try out the new water park, with our friends Dave & Brenda and their crew. It was a lot of fun for the kids, and us adults played some mean rounds of Euchre - Men 1 and Women 1 - we'll have a rematch soon. By the 6th hour I had reached my limit of noise, humidity (flat hair, need a haircut BAD), and the burning chlorine smell! But it really was a great time. Until .... Monday Morning ... Abbi woke up itching like crazy, and sure enough she had huge hives all over her stomach and back and armpits. Yikes! Thank goodness that school was cancelled. I gave her 2 benadryl and that seemed to kick it, until 5 hours later. Then this morning she woke up, and I checked her tummy and back and thought Phew, gone! Not so lucky. By the time she came downstairs, she was itching her eyes and knees. Yup, nasty hives all over her face, kneck, and knees. Another blessing that we had the 2 hour delay this morning, but I kept her home until lunch, because we needed that much time for the benadryl to do it's thing. Well, tonight before bed she was going crazy, because now it's all over her butt and thighs, hands and feet! More benadryl, and we'll see what she's like in the morning. I have never had to deal with hives before, and it is quite amazing to see the welts come & go in different places. I called Brenda, and some of her kids are reacting the same way ... sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen! :)
Alli is finally home tonight! She was done with finals on Friday, but left to take her roomie home to Ohio. Praise the Lord for roommates who are also best of friends. We love Jocelyn like our own daughter, and we'll miss her during vacation. I was worried about the weather moving in, but Alli made it home just fine ... after all she's 20, and I shouldn't worry so much! I'm looking forward to spending time with my daughter doing some fun stuff, and also just spending time together. Even though she's close by for college, it still seems as though we are always in a hurry when we see each other, so vacation will be a great time to just be together! I love you Alli! Now ... please help me post some pictures, so Kim can relax!
3 comments:
Cindy, hives are awful! I had them one day when I was pregnant and I thought I was going to scratch my skin open! Poor thing. And we love Jocelyn too. My kids have missed seeing her. It's nice to have her around. Alli is lucky to have such a great friend and roommate. They really remind me so much of each other. Maybe that's why we like her so much. Great to have Alli home too!
So did you call Wanna Hives and ask them what they are doing to their water. I thought it might be a fun place to visit...but maybe not.
And yes, We need pictures! Can't wait until Alli can show you how to post them. It really isn't hard I could walk you through it if you call.
And.....Where is my Christmas letter and card?
Can you tell I have too much time over here?
Hey Heather, if I call you can you talk to me??? Probably not .... I'll just wait for Alli. :)
Post a Comment