Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Opposites DO Attract

Yes, it's true ... after the Hawkins' family split up and went opposite directions, we once again have arrrived back at the "Center of our Universe".


Abbi & I headed to sunny south and loved the white sand beach, warm and toasty sunshine, and some of Grandma's lovin'! We overlapped 1 day with Alli who was Spring Breaking with 7 other girls. She is now back at school (enjoying) her classes again. :)



Abbi and I became pros at Sand Castle building on beatiful Siesta Beach!



Every kids' dream ... chasing seagulls!


On the last evening, Abbi & sat on the beach and watched the sunset. We also were priveleged to witness a handsome young man propose to a beautiful young woman. Gave me goosebumps!



And now for the "Men" and their wonderful experiences in Colorado ... this a group shot with Mitch and Kevin kneeling, and (l-r) Jeff, Tom, & Casey. Dave is taking the picture. They had a beautiful first day. Then the second day they enjoyed skiing in powder after a fresh snowfall the night before. They were able to spend quite a bit of time with my nephews Casey & Austin, who are working on the slopes this winter.




Here's Kevin just chillin' under the watchful eye of cousin Casey. Yeah right!

Here's the picture that Mitch sent me on my cell phone at the end of their first day skiing and boarding. He added the text ""I got in a bar fight". I told him "stay out of the trees!" He wiped out and his snowboard caught a tree and whipped him around and he scraped along a tree and the icy run. All in a day's work for My Man Mitch!


Kevin riding the lift ... thank goodness Kevin had his camera along,
because dear old Dad didn't think about taking his.



And the best thing of all for Kevin was this "prize" he found on the sidewalk the last
evening they were in Colorado. It's the real thing!




And now we're all back home, trying to catch up with missed school work, Dave went to work to catch up there, and good ol'Mom is catching up with laundry!



3 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Did Abbi get enough Grandma time?

Amber said...

Looks like good times all around! ...and don't worry - I'll be posting tomorrow :) SO hold your horses!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Kevin ~ Who did you trip up to find that $100 bill? I like the beach idea better than the snow. Sand - snow? I know what I like........it looks like the women were in their element and the guys were where they belonged! Did Abbi have a good time w/Grandma? A little TLC never hurt anybody! Thanks for the compliment Cindy on the vanilla crumb pie! It's not that good!?
We're having a great time down under, where we finally got to yesterday after a restful time in Hawaii! Somebody has got to do this hard work?!