Wow! I woke up this morning and I'm pretty sure that I've slept through spring, summer, and fall ... a whole 8 months at least! I will say that I sure feel rested today, and it's high time for a haircut (really), but here are some of the things that I missed during my long slumber ...
... I slept right through Mitch's graduation and open house! I sure hope everyone enjoyed the colorful plates, cups, and napkins that I bought in March.
... I was completely out of it for the entire 3 months that Alli was in Nicaragua. A complete blessing, since I didn't have to cry any tears of loneliness.
... Thank goodness I slumbered during the entire 4-H fair. But I've awoken to spot some blue ribbons on the kitchen counter. Hooray for my kids and their animals!
... Wilbur's family grew by 3 wonderful new little blessings while I slept!
... Wow, I slept during the entire fall soccer and volleyball seasons. A mixed blessing for sure. Those of you who have kids in sports will understand.
Strange huh??? Well, I took pictures this morning to post and show you why I'm convinced that spring, summer, and fall have completely passed me by. But I'm sad to say that they're too "snowy" and I can't get them downloaded.
Enough for this post, I must go downstairs and start carrying my Christmas decorations up. Christmas is right around the corner!
3 comments:
Okay ~ I know we're all wishing spring would be here, but just wait ~ I think I saw some green little sprouts in the landscaping!!!! HALLELUJAH! You didn't sleep all spring, summer, and fall after all! It was just all a bad dream and you are actually still in the same week! Can you believe it? Too bad, all those things you thought you didn't have to do, guess what, you still have them on your list to do! Yeah!
Lucky for us, the deer totally missed these little green sprouts, so far! Those deer are so destructive and yet my husband just thinks they're so neat! There was even one of them right up by our hot-tub drinking out of it! Gross me out! I banged on the bedroom window and yelled at it and it just about jumped over the tub! Actually, it wasn't that bad, but anyway, they have no manners whatsoever!
Sarah, that just means you need to be in that hot tub more so that the deer will not be tempted to drink out of it. Shall I come over and sit in it for a while? (I mean stand guard for you?)
VERY FUNNY Cindy. Wow-what a long winter! Thank goodness you didn't really sleep all through summer...Kim and I are planning to come over on a weekly basis to sun ourselves at your pool. You would've missed out on so much fun. You can totally cry on our shoulders this summer. We will be your fill in daughters while Ali is away.
Cindy, that is so hilarious! You are quite a creative little fart...
Post a Comment