What to do on a snow day!?! Anything just to keep my sanity ... Actually my kids are getting old enough that it's not too overwhelming to have them home all day, especially if I don't have any important meetings (breakfasts) or anything. :)
So I laid in bed until 10:00 watching the news and Regis and Kelly - hardly ever get to see them! Then Abbi and I decided to go to Bob Evans for a really late breakfast! I had awesome cinnamon creme pancakes, my mouth is watering just thinking about them again. Then we headed to Kohl's to do a return, and of course shopping since we had a "credit" for our returns. Then I had to make a quick stop at Target for another return and more necessities, like CLR for the shower upstairs, new bedding for Abbi's room that is a continual work in process (pics when it's complete in the summer), laundry detergent for my front load washer - can't find HE detergent just anywhere, and of course some entertaining games for Abbi. Then I decided to treat both her and myself, and I took her to LA Nails. What a fun Mother/Daughter thing to do. Her eyes just lit up when I suggested it. I got a very plain jane mauvish/brown, but Abbi picked a wonderful Little Girl Pink, and then I asked about some fancy design on each nail, and the lady was so excited to be given the permission! She got cool white swirls and dots, and a swipe of sparkle on each nail, all for only a measly $3.00 more! So for a cool $24.00, her & I left LA Nails a lot happier!
My last stop before heading home, was at Jiffy Lube. I'm driving Alli's car this week, since she and 7 other college women took my vehicle to Florida for Spring Break. Don't worry they didn't all go in my car, there was another vehicle making the trip. I talked to her this morning, well about 10:30 before my late breakfast, and she said it was very hot and they were on the beach. TOO BAD! Anyway, back to Jiffy Lube ... I noticed the "change oil" sticker on her window, put her about 9,000 miles since her last oil change. HMMMM ... do you think maybe this should've been done a long time ago? She said something lame, like she's been too busy getting good grades in college. So proud of her! So, with the oil change complete, we headed home.
Now we're just hanging out enjoying the quiet. Kevin is outside riding snowmobile with a friend, and Mitch headed to a friends house after he plowed the driveway.
Here's a picture of Abbi's nails. And also the website she showed me - A Nickelodean Cruise. Boy am I tempted!!!!

9 comments:
so, i read enough older posts to catch that you really aren't amish! got your site from heather g.'s blog-am curious about your picture...you live in the town where i grew up! i use to live on cr 24 on a duck farm, i think it's cr 43 that t's out by the duck barns.
love your daughter's nails, i'm always looking for new ideas w/ my girls, looks like fun.
Wanita - Thanks for posting...My last name was Bontrager and we live on CR 35 where I grew up. If I tell you that my Dad was Lloyd Bontrager and Jayco was started in our barn, I am sure that you now know who I am. I also think I have seen your "reply" picture on Heather's site and somehow recognize you. The picture was taken about 10 years ago when I dressed up as an Amish lady to go to a surprise birthday party. I really go to Clinton Frame Mennonite and became better acquainted with Heather when her and Donovan went there. Donovan is my 2nd cousin, his Mom is my Mom's neice. I put the picture on my blog because of the title of the blog, but it's time for a change! Just haven't gotten enough energy to give my blog the facelift that it needs so badly! My kids always tell people that we live on Amish Highway 35 due the fact that we are a minority in our 1 mile stretch of road. But we all really love being here, and I consider several of my Amish neighbors very close friends and enjoy "doing" breakfast outings about once a month with them.
Cindy ~ You know you're amish at heart! That's when you are most comfortable! :) hehe At least that's what Dave thinks, cause you get so submissive when you have the long dress on and the stockings!
I do love Abbi's nails....good job...what a fun time for mother-daughter bonding!
Don't forget your meds Cindy!
wow! i do know you, sorta. i remember reading an article in the goshen news about your family when i was younger.
small town-small world! 95% of my
relatives are all amish so i gotta say it was a big draw to come check out the 'amish' lady. %^)
and my mom tells me that sarah(prev comment) is gloria shetler's sis...amazingly small world! i love making connections-guess it's the amish part coming out...lol!
Sarah ... oh yes, the meds ... how can I forget! :)
Wanita, yes, yes, and yes to all that you said :) Now I'm going to delete my comment (just a little too much info for the web)
Cindy....Why didn't you take me with you to get my nails done? Cute nails Abby.
And I agree we need to update that picture. SHall I come over and take one for you?
Great times Cindy! Is LA Nails at Concord Mall? I bet Jadyn would love that too! Have a great time in Florida by the way!
So where does Wanita live now and how do you know my sister? just curious! I find it wierd to be playing the Mennonite game on a blogspot! :) That's who we are, isn't it?
Ok Cindy ~ I'm waiting for the Pinecraft blog-you know the 'promised land'? I can't wait to hear about your time in Florida!
Welcome home!
Post a Comment