Was there a Super Bowl Game on tonight? I'm not really sure, because I was busy keeping these shoeless people happy, plus 37 more next door at Grandma's house. Alli planned a college party here at our house, and I swear she must have put up an invitation on a public bulletin board. They just kept coming and coming! We didn't count, but figure there were close to 40 fun and happy kids here.
Mitch wanted his own party, so we asked Grandma for use of her "dawdy haus" and he ended up with 37 kids. So between the two places Dave & I kept hopping. Both of the kids and their friends really did a great job of taking care of their own eating needs and then cleaning up.
Dave & I just mingled ... yeah right!? Dave went to bed before the exciting part of the game, and I kept myself entertained just "hanging out" with the kids. We really had a great time, and we think our kids have some really cool friends. And feel honored that they would all want to be with their cool parents - or maybe they just didn't have choice tonight, since we have the house and the money for food! :) Regardless, I love my kids!
Abbi and Kevin of course loved to older kids around, and I reminded Abbi that it's great to have older siblings, because of the huge supply of friends that she inherits! A couple of weeks ago, she came to me crying and said that she hates being the youngest. I think maybe after tonight she might've changed her mind. She actually had some fun with one of the college girls and they spent some time tying all those shoes together. :)
Abbi and Kevin of course loved to older kids around, and I reminded Abbi that it's great to have older siblings, because of the huge supply of friends that she inherits! A couple of weeks ago, she came to me crying and said that she hates being the youngest. I think maybe after tonight she might've changed her mind. She actually had some fun with one of the college girls and they spent some time tying all those shoes together. :)
Wasn't it an exciting game??? Having Eli win a Super Bowl was almost as good as having the Colts there. Maybe next year ... another Manning again?!
6 comments:
thanks for an awesome party mom!!
You are such a good entertainer Cindy! I think that's awesome!
Hey Cindy, I know why your kids like hanging out with you. You guys are cool & lots of fun!
I was checking out Deb's Xanga site and saw your comment. Didn't know you could do that without being signed in to Xanga. This old lady learned something new today.
-Dar
Looks like a lot of fun. You are a great entertainer Cindy. Can't wait for you to host Kim and I while we sit out at your pool and you bring us frozen coffee drinks and ice cream cones this summer
What??? You say we can bring the kids and you will babysit for us so we can sun ourselves?
You are the BEST!
You learn from the best! You entertain easily just like your Mom! Good job! A chip off the block you are! Sure, I'll come over for coffee - just say when! Love ya ~
Cindy ~ You entertain just like your Mom! You learn from the best! It doesn't look the kids had enough to eat?! Love ya ~ Sarah
Post a Comment