Another "snow day" ... I admit, I sure like the sleeping in, but then I really wouldn't mind if the kids only had a two hour delay instead of the whole day at home! Following is a quick re-cap of my loooonnnggg day.
I headed into town to make a few quick stops: a gift for Kevin to take to a birthday party tonight, some hamster medicine for Abbi's hamster, a return to Elder Beerman, a salad to go from Panera, and then McDonald's to go for the kids. Let me just say, that everyone else that was out and about today, shouldn't have been! How anyone can actually drive 20 mph on a wet road is beyond me! The roads really were fine after 11:00am, just let me drive. I was a woman on a mission.
When I got home I convinced the kids to play outside with dear old Mom. I must have impressed at least Abbi, because when Dave came home from work I was taking Kevin to his party, and Abbi told Dad that Mom went sledding!
I also made a real cool "Fox & Geese" game in the back yard, but no one wanted to play. Gee, I wish my first cousins would all come over, and we could re-live some awesome childhood memories!
3 comments:
Those are great memories! It doesn't hurt to get out there! Next time you might even tackle the big hill with the jump on the bottom!!!!a nice hot chocolate....oooh that sounds good! great pictures!
Wilbur just read your post and was very impressed...he couldn't believe you got out in the snow! good on ya mate!
My kids were begging to go out yesterday too...and after I got all their gear on I thought sure they would be back in within 5 minutes (esp. the 3 year old) But they were out a good hour. I would've been a good mom and went out too..but you know I have a 1 year old. I should have brought the 3 over to play with you I guess. :)
Looking forward to getting together soon. However now my 2 boys are throwing up today. URGH!!!!!!
Post a Comment