Saturday, October 31, 2009

Our Halloween Baby

A huge Happy 22nd Birthday to Allison Jae! You have grown into a wonderful and beautiful young woman!



You arrived 8 days early, so going into labor on the 30th really was unexpected. Being first time parents we were quite confident that you would be born before Halloween. On and on it went, well into the 31st. By that time I was convinced you wouldn't arrive until your November 7th due date! Dad & I had made plans to go out to eat with one of his friends from high school on the 30th, but now things had changed a bit. Instead Dad just told him to come over and hang out with us, and help time contractions! Boy was I impressed, and I'm sure the unmarried friend was also pretty impressed. So yes, you finally arrived 37 hours later, in the afternoon on the 31st! When the nurse announced it was a baby girl, and asked what we would name her, I replied "Halloweeny H_______"! The nurse gasped and then we gave your real, and much loved name! Jae is in honor of your Grandpa Lloyd and Uncle Wendall, who both shared the middle name of Jay, only yours has a nice feminine twist of the "e" at the end.




In spite of our fine parenting skills, you survived and grew into a strong and healthy young girl!


You were the first Grandchild on Dad's side, so you were much loved and spoiled! Grandma Nancy and Great-Grandma Alice sat with you and Dad for a four generation picture.




You welcomed the birth of your first brother, Mitchell (above) and then accepted the birth of brother number two, Kevin (below). But you wanted a baby sister oh so bad!






Your wishes finally came true when you were 10! You proudly named your new baby sister, Abigail Jean!


You are a wonderful "Big Sis" to your siblings, and have set the standard high for them!


As you grew up and moved away to college you really spread your wings, and traveled to far off places .... Nicaragua for 3 months and Europe for a month. Your families in Nica fell in love with you, which was no surprise to us!



You have brought many of your friends into our home, into our lives, and into our hearts! Your smile and warm personality attracts the best of the best! With heartache we walked with you as you grieved the loss of your dear friend Ali, at the tender age of 16! And then smiled through tears when 5 years later you donated 13 inches of beautiful hair to Locks of Love in her honor.





We have spent hours sitting in gymnasiums cheering you and your teammates on. You rose above adversity, even when it was tougher than you had even imagined. We are proud of your athletic spirit!



Happy Birthday my Halloween Princess! You are amazing and we love you to the moon and back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloweenie Hawkins! Wow, I had some flashbacks with all the cool pictures! It's so amazing how life just buzzes right on by us.....make each day your best! Love you all!

Kim said...

Awww, we love Alli too!

About the Cutest Blog header problem, I would try putting in your background again. Delete it, then add it again and see if that works. I will keep checking, though.

Unknown said...

Awwww...what a sweet post Cindy. Happy belated birthday Halloween Baby!! What did you tell the nurse you were going to name her?? You had a space...but I didn't figure it out.

I can't believe how much your girls look alike! WOW!