Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Night Visitor

Last night we had a visitor ... in the middle of the night .... well, 5:30 but that can still count as middle of the night.

Do you ever wake up and just have a sense? You don't even know what that sense is, it's just a sense. Well, after laying in bed a bit and listening to the sounds from the kitchen, bread drawer opening, fridge opening (and shutting! Not so the bread drawer - clue #1), shuffling around, a little clearing of the throat, it was obvious this person knew what he was doing and actually felt quite at home in my kitchen. My brave husband drug his tired self out of bed and wandered into the kitchen weapon-less!

Surely by now you realize that we know who this is and there is absolutely NO panic!

Just our deer-hunting son who drove 2 1/2 hours home from college, in the middle of the night to go hunting. Starting to live life at 2:30 or 3:00 in the morning is no big deal to college students! However when I had a quick 15 minute chat with him at 5:00pm when he had drug himself out of his tree-stand and came home to drive back to college, he informed me that one of his roomates did tell him he was crazy!

He has a test tomorrow so I'm hoping the endless hours in the tree-stand served him well as I'm sure he had all kinds of study guides and index cards in his posession!

This isn't the first time we've had a Night Visitor and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did he get a deer? How can these young ones live with such little sleep?

Unknown said...

CRAZINESS!! Pure craziness. I will never in my entire life understand deer hunting.

Thankfully after 12 years of marriage I have convinced/brainwashed Donovan of the same theory.

Crazy college kid said...

Well after this story i feel like I know why i didn't get a deer Thursday. If I don't have the sneakiness to keep my parents asleep, I must just be scaring the deer away.
Sarah this is how i only get warnings for speeding. I just leave late at night so the cops are too tired to walk to their car to write the ticket :)

Heather Heather Heather. You would love deer hunting I'm sure. Nothings better then walking through the muddy woods at 6 in the morning. But i will say it is always really peaceful until a shot goes off.