Wow ... we're finally home at 10:00pm! A short (LOOOOOOONG) 32 hours ago we left our hotel in Cairns for the airport, which was Australia's Friday morning. After crossing the International Date Line, getting acquainted with 4 more airports, we are finally home STILL on Friday. Go figure! Anyway, my head feels like it's in a fog, I maybe slept 2-3 hours, and that was fitfully. Did you know that a 80 lb. little girls feels like her head is 150 lbs. when she is so peacefully sleeping on your lap in a crowded airplane seat?? At least some of us got some sleep.
Mitch fired up Clifford (his big red truck) and took off to visit long lost friends. Alli had a nice surprise at O'Hare when Kyle snuck up behind her in baggage claim, with a rose none-the-less! Everyone say "aaahhhh"! So they still aren't home, but I'm sure they detoured through Goshen so Alli could catch up with some of her Hesston friends before they leave to go back to college. I'm sure when I'm snoozing I won't be worrying about either of these teens! Mitch dropped Dave off at work to pick up his truck, .... and check his mail .... and check his e-mail ... and check his voice mail .... ect.... He'd better hurry home because Abbi & Kevin are patiently waiting for some Taco Bell, which he's supposed to be bringing home. Of course we didn't get a supper meal from LA to Chicago - too short.
Oh and one more thing ... Thank-you Sarah for the Jolly Old Saint Nick on our front porch! You know how much we love the holiday inflatables! You never know where he'll show up next ... prepare to be surprised!
Home Never Felt So Good!
2 comments:
Glad to have you back home! I have not been on our computer for a few days, so it was good to catch up on your travels. And that Kyle, he just keeps earning points, doesn't he? :)
I have so enjoyed reading your posts on throughout Australia! What an AMAZING trip. I am glad you guys had such a great time. I hope you all get some restfull sleep soon!
Yea, I think my resolution of the bag a day thing may have to be cut down to a grocery bag a day. Still every bit helps!!
Thanks for thinking of me.
Love,
Jill
Post a Comment