Watching the progress of the new HWT store that's going up in Elkhart. And lucky me ... I've been assigned the task of picking interiors, and have somehow been sucked into the selection of exteriors also.
Dave & I spent a few blissful days in Florida recently. He had some meetings to attend to while I pretty much did nothing. The highlight for me was spending a day all by myself at Disney Village! Disney does everything right and I had the best time! My dream has been to see a Cirque du Soleil show. I guess you could say it's on my Bucket List. I knew that they had a show in Orlando, so I investigated and bought a ticket on a day when Dave was in meetings. I didn't want to drag him along to something that he had no interest in seeing. The name of this particular show was La Nouba, and it was in a huge building made to look like a large circus tent. Cirque du Soleil is something about "circus" in french, and the show literally is a breathtaking circus sans animals. Absolutely amazing! A must see if you ever get the chance!!! While at the Disney Village I also ate at the Rainforest Cafe. This in itself is not outstanding, but what made me smile was that the place was fairly empty and they seated me right beside a family with a screaming toddler! 'Nuff said!
One unusually sunny day we babysat cute little Cooper!
The women in the family celebrated Mother's Day with a wonderful brunch at Prarie Trail Farm south of Goshen, in the week following Mother's Day. This farm is actually a herb greenhouse along with some cool llamas grazing on the property. Our brunch consisted of scones, hot and cold mint tea, wonderful strawberry w/ lettuce salad, egg dish with fun herbs sprinkled on top, and awesome cake and a warm mixed-berry dessert. This was a great way to honor the Matriarch in our family and also to celebrate the Mothers that most of us have become. In addition to those pictured are six more of the female gene.
I've put the screens in the windows, mulched the flower beds, mowed the lawn a few times, hung wash on the line between rains, and have simply just been waiting for the warmth to come to us. I haven't planted garden yet and have only planted flower pots. I can hardly wait to dig my hands into the warm soil, and then watch my seeds become plants worthy of eating! Until that happens I will continue to work on the many details that still need to be looked after for recreation at the Mennonite Youth Convention in Columbus, in July. And of course, anticipate the return of my oldest!
5 comments:
I have been wanting to ask about Florida. Glad you had a good time! I really want to see a Cirque de Soleil performance. Amber and Matt took Jadyn & Ethan to one in South Bend last year. They LOVED it!
Hey, it's still warm in Florida! We've had rain everyday since we're here, but only in the afternoon and evening!
It sounds like you had a great time in Orlando! I'm glad you got to see your show and I'm sure Dave didn't mind that you forgot to buy him a ticket!
It was good to hear that Alli called! I can only remember those times when the kids were gone and you wouldn't hear from them.....sometimes what you didn't know was okay too! I guess it's true what they say...No news is good news!
aw, that brunch looks soo fun! I am in Rome now! Leaving for prague tomorrow. I miss you and love you. Thanks for keeping me posted.
Cindy we got to see a Cirque du Soleil / Beatles Love in Vegas with a trip that Donovan won through work. It was so amazing!! Were you not allowed to take pictures during the show? We were not, such a bummer..because there were so many cool things. So...you are a decorator now?? They picked the right girl, Your house is awesome inside and out. :)
What's takin' so long on the garden??? I planted mine 2 weeks ago. By the way are you going to come let me glean again?? :)
Why isn't Alli doing a blog about all her cool travels???
Post a Comment