Thursday, January 15, 2009

How cold is too cold?

Is it too cold when climbing into your car to go home from the salon, you develop a "brain freeze" headache that doesn't go away for 7 1/2 miles? And your car's thermometer is reading -10!

Is it too cold when you wonder what that funny feeling is in your nose, only to realize it's your fine (and usually invisible) nose hairs standing at frozen attention?

Just maybe it's too cold when your 18 yr. old son, who is normally a very adventurous soul, drives home from college to snowmobile, and only is out for 20 minutes!

Or how about when your mutt dog with the shock collar on, somehow gets stranded on the wrong side of the Invisible Fence and the sweet neighbors who hear him whimpering drive him home across the fence line? I'm so glad we don't have to wake up tomorrow morning to view our very own Ice Sculpture shaped like Uno in our back yard!

I think it's too cold when my Mother's Heart has thoughts (that are fleeting of course) of phoning the President of my daughter's college to ask, beg, plea for use of that college's golf cart to haul my crutches-using daughter around campus to her classes. She surely is frozen after hobbling to and fro, and it's really not too much to ask, is it?

It's too cold when it takes an entire newscast before the complete school delay list is rotated through. My kids have tomorrow off because it's end of semester, but already many local schools are posting closure! That's too cold!!!

Is is too cold when my low tire pressure warning light is continuously showing on my dash? Husband says it's the cold air, I say he just doesn't want to freeze off his fingers by putting air in the tires.

Is it too cold to enjoy a hot cup of coffee and good conversation for two hours on a Thursday morning, at a local restaraunt? Absolutely Not!

Florida in 3 weeks ... I hear it's in the 60's ... I can't wait to feel the warmth!

7 comments:

RosyRose said...

I think you said it exactly right....It's too cold!

Kim said...

Poor Uno. He really was half frozen. All we heard was whimpering. Glad to help! And yes it is too cold for all of those things!

Alli said...

haha. It's okay, mom. I have a great boyfriend (who has my car) and drives me to my far away classes : )

Good blog, btw.
HAve fun this weekend!

Alli said...

but you should've called the president today and complained that all the other schools/colleges/events were cancelled today. EXCEPT goshen! HELLO!!!

Anonymous said...

It is too cold....and I think that it's mandatory to sit at a local restaurant for 2 hrs. w/friends when it's so cold! Then go home after taking Abbi to school to pick up Kevin and take him to school and come back to the restaurant and join up with the same 2 people that are STILL talking at the restaurant and have another cup of coffee and the waitress doesn't even charge you for that cup of coffee! I can't believe it!

Cindy said...

Tattle-tale Sarah! :) But it was oh so fun!

Unknown said...

Amen. I am tired of the cold too. Great Too Cold stories. :)