Several months ago I found a treasure in Shipshewana. Well, a treasure to me, but trash for others. I understood the "trash" part when I was laughed at loudly at the Essenhaus when I pulled this treasure out of my large purse to show it off!
For the explanation: I grew up visiting my Grandma Yoder every Christmas in Pine Craft, FL - more about this in my previous post "Wet Ones". Way back in the 70's Pine Craft was this little burg outside of Sarasota, FL. Yes folks, I said outside. I remember arriving in Sarasota on 41 (no 75 back then) then turning onto Bahia Vista and traveling a little gravel road several miles out of Sarasota to Pine Craft, where we would stay with my Grandma in her little trailer. This little burg is now swallowed by Sarasota, and the city now extends miles beyond Pine Craft. I am sure there are many people in Sarasota alone, that aren't aware that Pine Craft is still there. There are street names that ring a familiar chord to many of us ... Graber, Miller, Yoder, you get the picture.
So back to my game ... My Grandma used to take us to this little "gift shop" type porch at someone's house in Pine Craft, where this lady made many of these lovely painted seashell artsy pieces. Items like shell covered salt & pepper shakers, turtles & pelicans made out of shells, and of course the occasional beautiful collage of flowers. Please notice the words "Pine Craft, FL 1960" created out of alphabet macaroni on that floral piece! What a skill and talent! :) Dave & I snuck away to Sarasota for several wonderful days of R & R and I drug my treasure all the way south, so I could display it proudly in our hideaway! Can you find it in one of the following pictures? The first to respond with the correct location has a cute little piece of seashell art coming to them.
One last picture ... this is what I was looking at yesterday while sprawled on the beach with my face to the sunshine!
4 comments:
Ok so it is in your third picture, not Mom & Dad's condo. :) It is on the top shelf beside the column. I think that is right, it is hard without seeing the picture while I am typing.
When I first looked at your photos, I thought, wow....that's our condo and I better not see it in there! But, then realized that was taken a while ago, b-4 we moved our stuff in....but yeah, Kim is right about the top shelf beside the column....I think....it's kinda hard to see it! but, if that's it, it looks good in your condo! Congratulations on your find!!! :)
Loving Australia ~
Do you really think people who are already on vacation in a really cool place should get the prize? I don't. I'm not jealous at all.
3rd picture for the i Spy. :)
I love the condo...It looks really nice. Love the view off the beach. :) You are so lucky.
How are you healing Cindy?
Wondering how yesterday went??? How are you???
Post a Comment