Monday, October 6, 2008

The Nesting Instinct

In 3 short weeks I will be having surgery on my right elbow and right wrist. Dave has referred to my frenzied activities as "The Nesting Instinct". I just refer to it as a very important To Do List!

I have a major tear on a tendon, that the Dr. said he will just pull it all together and screw it to my bone. Sounds easy enough! And I have a cyst on my wrist that they'll remove. Do you really think I will be pain free after all that??? I certainly hope so, because I have had pain and limited use in my right arm since I had surgery on my left shoulder in January of 2007! They tell me it was overuse of my right arm while I was recuperating from that shoulder surgery. So to avoid overuse of my left arm, while I'm recovering from my impending surgery (6-8 weeks of immobilization) I have a gigantic "to do list" that I intend to finish before surgery. Then I can just sit around and be waited on hand and foot, right?

So my list really isn't that long, just some important things that tend to hang around like a "pop-up" on the computer! Unless I deal with the item it just sticks in my head!

1. Clean flower beds and garden COMPLETE

2. DeClutter and organize a canning/storage room in the basement COMPLETE

3. Sort my clothes, store summer stuff and get rid of anything I haven't worn for 1 year COMPLETE as of last night at 10:30
disclaimer - I kept some of my summer stuff out, because Dave & I are heading south for 6 days in a couple of weeks :)

4. Trim shrubs

5. Hang Christmas lights on outside trees - I always do this early while it's still warmish and I don't have to freeze my fingers off, then all I do after Thanksgiving is plug them in.

6. Tear apart and reorganize my own personal scrapbooking/collecting/ misc. room that's way in the back corner of the house. Oh so easy to ignore ... until I'm staring surgery in the face!

7. Make an Australia Vacation Photo Album - we've only been home 10 months, what's the hurry?

8. Finish up the volleyball season - last game is October 16th.

9. Finish Christmas Shopping - I've got 1/2 of my shopping done.

I can't come up with a 10th, but if you think of anything I should be adding please let me know!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

#10.....Bake cinnamon rolls for Heather.

#11.....Bake cookies for Heather's kids

#12.....Address Christmas card envelopes???

#13....Babysit for a mom with young children, that needs a break.

I really could go on and on...but I have a feeling it's not the type of to do list you want.


Good idea to hang the lights now :) Smart!

Anonymous said...

Make sure to save time for breakfast! That's under the title of therapy!
You're brave to go through w/your surgery...I wish I had the nerve to get mine over with, but I'm not wanting to do it yet, so I'll just bear the pain!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting the lights outside on the trees...my favorite sight on C.R. 35 around Christmas time!

Anonymous said...

You know, I'm glad you changed the color of your print, cause I could hardly read the other print as it was just too light! You know as you get older things get just a tad bit harder to read?? Can you believe it? Getting older stinks!