Is your life all planned out or do you sometimes swing at "curve balls" and miss? I've discovered that if I just keep swinging, once in a while I "connect"! So to celebrate how random and exciting my life is, I'm just going to post pictures from the last several weeks. Sometimes I was just a swingin', and sometimes I actually connected!
For example: I really connected with this spur-of-the-moment garage sale I had at the lake. I was sick of looking at half-inflated water toys, old patio umbrella's, unused lamps, a never used sailboat, two flat-tired bikes, ... you get the idea! Well, never doubt the saying "one person's trash is another persons' treasure"! At the end of 3 hours on Thursday and 3 hours on Friday I had exactly 3 plastic grocery bags of (ahem) junk to take to Goodwill, and one patio table that I still intend to put a "free" sign on next time we're at the lake, and an old oven and microwave that should end up at the scrapyard! End result is an incredibly clean garage and 99 bucks in my pocket - which by the way was spent on fireworks, of course!
This is a picture of one of our last therapy sessions for Abbi's burn. The day of her final therapy appt. we were treated to paraplane rides. Dave had bought a certificate at our MYF auction this spring, and the weather was right for the pilot to make his way to our place to give rides. We still have a fairly decent runway that my Dad had put in when he had his plane at our farm. The first picture of this post was taken when the paraplane headed back home, with Kevin as his passenger. Dave drove to his house and picked a very happy Kevin up!
Mitch isn't all too pleased with this picture. But it's a great shot of how much he really "gets into" a job! He spent two days here at his shop and sand blasted a lift on the back of one of the HWT trucks then coated it with truck bed liner. What a mess!

Awww ... Abbi's completed room. I think Abbi & I really "connected" on this one! And this week she's in Ohio at camp. Maybe I'll spend at least one night in her bed, just to enjoy the results of my hard work!


Finally ... Happy Birthday to Kevin!!! My huggable, squeezable guy is 14 today. I told him that's impossible, because just last week he was Baby Kevin! The picture was taken earlier this summer, when he dug out the box of all his toy airplanes that he spent hours playing with as a much younger kid! Those were the days! On Thursday he will be enjoying a very real plane! We bought him a Discovery Flight at the Goshen Airport for his birthday. He will have the exciting privilege of flying with an instructor for 1/2 hour. I'm pretty sure that'll be much better than flying the planes he's been flying on his Flight Simulator that we have downloaded on our computer. He's been to Australia, Alaska, and Florida on that one. I wonder where 1/2 hour will take him?
So folks ... just keep swingin'! That's what keeps life exciting!
1 comment:
Love the look of your blog Cindy! You guys keep life exciting by all the fun things your kids are involved in, great memories too!
Post a Comment