Just returned from a month-long Mediterranean Cruise! Love those Greek Isles!!! So that's really not true ... read on ...
It's been awhile Blog Friends! So sorry! When I read my latest blog, I couldn't believe that I was actually referring to school. Has it really been that long??? I've been consumed the last several weeks with burn therapy, burn therapy, and more burn therapy. Thankfully our last session was on Tuesday, but now we visit the Dr. again tomorrow and see what he says. I hope we are done for sure!
The other activity that has consumed me is redoing Abbi's room. (Alli, if you can't handle it, quit reading) I'm giving you a "sneak peak" at Abbi's room. We've completely emptied it, and she's sleeping most nights in Alli's bed. I say most nights because sometimes she sleeps on the floor in our room. She has a habit of occasionally crying herself to sleep, because she misses her older sis soooo much! The most exciting thing about creating Abbi's new look, has been that I've discovered a few dormant creative genes. Some of the look, I just can't believe came from mwah! :)
So here's a few pics and when everything's put back together, I'll share some pictures of the completed project.
What to do with these bright colors that Abbi picked????
From Alli's pale yellow walls to white ...
Even Abbi got involved in completing a few of the projects.
Notice those bright colors in the background ...
And here's a peek through the ladder at another wall.
Funny thing with all these bright colors is that I remember this very same room when I was about 7 or 8 and my big sis, Julie had some amazing wall paper put on these same walls that showed the era she was in ... bright orange and bright yellow peace signs. Oh the memories! And last night when I tore up the carpet I discovered some lovely/dated linoleum, actually about 3 layers. The first two layers I think were old Jayco vinyl (go figure), and I only got a peek at the third layer but would love to sometime uncover the whole thing and check it out. I also uncovered the hole in the floor that a register was placed over to allow the heat to move from the main level to the upstairs. You know in the old days there was no duct work upstairs.
Oh Alli, I can't believe we made you live in this room with that awful carpet, AND the most disgusting old and dirty pad underneath! And we miss you tons! Hurry your blond head home! Can't believe how blond and long your hair is getting. Especially the picture of you playing basketball on the GC Nica site - by the way, good move by making Kyle ref also! :)
Sorry, bloggers, couldn't resist the personal note!
3 comments:
Wow- I like the sneak preview of the bright colors. Looks like a fun room starting to take shape. Can't wait to see it all put together.
Shall I just come over or wait for your to post the pictures?? I promise we won't poop in the yard this time.
I love it. But that still is MY room. ; ) ha.
Miss you and love you.
New blog post, BTW.
Welcome back Cindy Lou!!!! You've been busy? Come on...just kidding!
Post a Comment