Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Welcome Home Alli!

After 3 long months of crossing off the days, our sweet Alli is finally home from Nicaragua!


The poor bus driver couldn't get the door open fast enough for Alli. When he finally came to a complete stop, she was already pounding on the door to get out! I asked her how she had managed to get a front row seat and she said she didn't, she just ran to the front of the bus when she saw us waiting in the parking lot for her.

This is the best hug I've ever had!!!
Her skin felt so soft, her hair so silky, and her hug sooooo tight!
Everyone else had to wait their turn until I got my fill!


All the smiles were HUGE!


This next weird picture needs some explaining, but it is just too funny not to put on my blog. Her best friend Jocelyn, spent the same 3 months in Peru, but got home early afternoon on the same day. Since she lives in another state, Alli thought that she would've already left for home by the time Alli's bus arrived. SURPRISE! Joc's wonderful patient parents agreed to stick around and wait for Alli. When Alli spotted Joc in the crowd she sprinted to her and literally leapt into her arms. So here she is completely wrapped around her best friend, arms and legs! I'm standing back thinking "gosh, I'm glad Alli didn't do that to me, I'd have landed on my butt!" I am so glad that Alli has many wonderful friends that care about her at college!
(if you can't quite make out the picture, that's the two of them right in the middle of the shot)


Here's more of her wonderful friends ... it's an Alli-sandwich!




What did you bring me??? Fake Havianas, t-shirt, earrings, bracelet, coin purse for Abbi. Soccer jerseys and a wallet for Kevin. Wallets for Mitch and Dad. Pottery for Mom. And other interesting "food items", such as Cafe' con leche (not sure if I got that right) and Guayaba jelly. Also in her suitcase was a wrapped up machete that she hauled home for Kyle (it didn't fit in his suitcase), and an exploded shampoo bottle!

After the exciting gift-giving, she sat down with her laptop and IM'd her Nicaraguan sister to let her know she made it home OK. It was pretty cool to watch her type away in Spanish! We also get to hear phrases in Spanish occasionally that slip in with her English.


Here's Abbi and Alli holding the huge Welcome Home sign that we had placed in the yard.

We Love You Alli Jae!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! What a sigh of relief for you all! The fair is over and your daughter is finally home.......life is good!

Kim said...

YEAH Alli's home!

Unknown said...

WOw! That is one awesome hug!!! Glad to have you home Alli. Great pictures Cindy. Glad you were ready for that run, catch, and hug shot.