My handsome son graduated from High School yesterday!
What an exciting time in his life!

The proud parents!

And the sibs are proud too!
Even the girlfriend is proud!

The last walk down the school hallway ...

We spent time on Friday evening, most of Saturday, and Sunday (around graduation) going to open houses and celebrating with some really awesome kids!
And then there was today ... Memorial Day ... and was it ever memorable!

We made, what has become our annual, trip to the ER. Abbi took a spill on Kevin's dirt bike, and burned the back of her leg pretty badly. After some morphine by IV, and a cleaning up of the wound, she got all wrapped up and we headed home 3 hours later. The best thing about going to the ER so often, is that after I give them our name, they don't even need to ask for our address, phone number, insurance info, ect... Because it's already there on their screen. :) So the end result for Abbi is that it's hard for her to walk, because the worst of the burn is right behind her knee, so the bending hurts pretty badly. I need to redress the wound twice a day until the oozing stops, and keep giving her either tylenol or advil. Tomorrow I'm planning to take her to school, and might do that all week. Tomorrow afternoon is her Oh So Important Field Day! She's pretty bummed about that, but has also figured out that she can probably do the frisbee throw, and maybe even the hula hoop contest. :) What a trooper!
So on to my busy week! Just call me Super Mom! Mitch's open house is Friday evening, and my list is growing. Now with Abbi's burn, the intensity will increase. I've got some amazing family that will be helping me with pictures, baking chocolate sheet cakes (yum!), and I even asked Grandma if she could help Abbi clean the play house. After the end of this week, life will continue on it's crazy out-of-control path. But truly I'm thankful for each one of my kids, and the excitement they bring to our lives!
3 comments:
Wow great pictures of Mitch and all his familiy. What a stud. I wouldn't recogonize him anymore, If you wouldn't post about him.
Too bad about Abby. It must be so painful!!! Hope she heals fast, and hope your week's list of "to-do's" goes well.
Shall I make a cake or 2 for you???
Get well soon Abbi and way to go Mitch! What a handsome guy!
well at least you already did the trip to the ER for the summer...
no ore of that : )
miss you!!
send abbi my loooove!
Post a Comment