Monday, April 14, 2008

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I'm a HUGE Sound Of Music fan, so please hum the tune while browsing the pictures of just a few of my favorite things...
A big sister helping her little sister get ready for the Spring Concert is truly a blessing!
I love it when Abbi "walks" her favorite chicken with a piece of yarn tied to it's one foot,
and it's even better when she can enjoy it with a friend!
(I wonder if the 4-H Poultry Club will have an "obedience"prize ...
you know, like the Dog Club does.)

I share this "Favorite" with my son ... mmmmm, Crab Legs! (yes, I said "son", don't let his long golden locks fool ya') Here we are about to start on our annual Spring Break Crab Leg Contest. There really are no official winners, we just have a fun time "trash talking" while cracking and eating, and showing each other, and anyone else who will look, the large succulent pieces of crab that we're able to retrieve from each leg. Well, I guess we both end up winners, since we enjoy the contest and walk away with our stomachs full of buttery crab! You really have to hear us yacking and cracking to appreciate the contest.

Pillow Fights with cute cousins is way up there on my list of favorite things!

Blowing bubbles on Siesta Beach tops the list for last weeks' favorites. As many of you remember, it was a balmy 35 degrees here in Indiana, so for sure ... bubbles in 80 degree sunshine is a fav!

Favorites about this picture: 1. the green-ing grass 2. the green mower 3. and the mow-ee who is a bit green behind the ears (never mind that she's only 10, and her Dad decided she's old enough for this sort of hard physical labor. And might I point out the bare feet ... or perhaps you already noticed) Truth be told ... Abbi loved this, and told everyone who would listen all about it!

And here's my favorite hubby (actually my only one). I really like this picture because it's him raking and not me! And also he's raking in his good work clothes. That reminds me so much of my Dad! He would often come home from a long day at the office, jump on the mower in his suit and tie, or whatever else official "boss-like" outfit he wore that day, and think nothing of spending the rest of the day on the mower in his suits that were probably hand-tailored in Japan. Now I'm not saying that Dave's clothes are anywhere close to that great, but it does always amuse me that he doesn't take the time to change.

Well, that's it for My Favorite Things ... why don't you all join me in a rousing chorus of Edelweiss, just to humor one of my brothers (who shall remain nameless).

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Cindy, unfortunately April 26 is already marked in my Calendar as my first day back in the States.. so maybe you can make it a little better and add me to the list of honorees at your fam get together as a welcome home party for me! haha

Anonymous said...

Cindy ~ good times.....Edelweis, Edelweis, hmmmmmmm I remember that elevator ride up in Switzerland or Austria wherever the heck we were! The picture of Ali & Abi looks like 'mini-me'as does the one of Kevin & Ethan...look at the plaid!
Abbi is going green! Get shoes on so you don't get strep again! yikes! Mom doesn't have time for that again!!!! Sorry to have to miss the 26th, but thanks for hosting our kids again!

Kim said...

Oh I like your favorite things, and I too remember Edelweiss! What a night!

Alli said...

I laughed when I saw the picture of Abbi mowing, because I HATED mowing with a passion and dad ALWAYS made me do it.

Cindy said...

No Alli ... Dad didn't always make you do it. I begged you not to, because you couldn't mow straight enough to please me!:) I think you mowed bad just so you wouldn't have to! So now don't you wish you knew the fine art of correct mowing??? Your "family" in Nicaragua might have some mowing jobs in store for you ... you sure wouldn't want to disappoint them!

Alli said...

mom,
watch these videos I found on youtube.com
they are SO funny.
Pass them onto your friends : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a189xAYBRv8

Alli said...

first blog posted!! : )