Saturday, January 6, 2024

January 2023 - I KNOW WHO HOLDS THE FUTURE

I know who holds tomorrow! I just don’t know what that entails. I’m still moving slowly from chair to bed and trying to “putter” and get some things done. Yesterday I was so frustrated trying to accomplish a photo order I just laid my head on the table and let the tears flow. And I may or may not have thrown the remote control. Ha! A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do. 

                                 

My brain continues to be the biggest frustration for me. Dates? Appointments? I can’t remember any of it! To make any visitation times, appointments,  please connect with Dave.  

Last Wednesday, my oldest Alli came to my rescue! She spent about 3 hours here and decluttered and helped with picture orders. I absolutely have no idea what I’d do without my amazing kids! I really am blessed. And a friend brought chili and cornbread for our dinner. It was delicious! We now accept visitors but ask that you limit your visit to 15 minutes, and text or call first. Preferably Dave. He knows the calendar. That’s really all I can tolerate at this point. If you see me out & about I’m sporting new headgear, which is called OPTUNE It’s really lovely looking and it’s another way to fight this **** cancer!

Super grateful for this lady that is my sidekick when we want to do what Dave tells us not to do. ("too much out to eat, pace yourself, we have a BIG day tomorrow!"  Honey, every DAY is a big day around here in case you didn't notice!) And of course, to get our nails done.  

I had a seizure a few weeks ago which earned me a ride in an ambulance (a first for me). Once at the ER they got the seizures under control quickly. I was also admitted to Sarasota Memorial for one night in February for IV, x-rays, breathing treatments for RSV...so yeah, I guess we have a few things going on. Ha! But we get to sneak away to our snowbird home in florida when we want to. *How are we old enough for this stage of life?!? We’ll spend a good portion of Feb/March there. 

 I also forgot about the amazing long weekend in January that I planned with 8 very dear volleyball coaching friends  (including my coaching daughters). We attended NCAA women’s volleyball championship in Tampa. This trip had been a long time coming and may be a new tradition. 

Enjoy the pictures and please pray for a good long future for me and my family. Also pray that I can literally use my weak left side and place each day at His feet and not WORRY!!  God's beauty and majesty!  Oh how I long to explore Heaven!  My Uncle Wilbur went ahead of me (funeral was Saturday)  I sure hope he's telling everyone I know, to prepare for my arrival, because my heart is ready for all of the hugs and dancing on streets of gold!

Julie & Terry  treated us siblings to a delicious Brazilian meal.

Because you lasted until the end, I'm treating you to some cute kid pictures...





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

❤️❤️❤️πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Dave and the entire family! May you experience Grace and Peace in your journey.

Anonymous said...

You are so strong and beautiful. Keep the faith and maybe I’ll see you in Sarasota in March! I need some sunshine

ehbomberger@gmail.com said...

I'm inspired. Helen








Tammy said...

You are the strongest bravest person I know Keep fighting the good fight We love you to the moon and back ❤️

Anonymous said...

Love hearing about your progress and continued prayers for you and Dave!πŸ₯°πŸ™πŸ»❤️