This post is for our oldest, Alli, who is far away from us for a while. She is living in Lima, Peru working at a tourism bureau and is enjoying life. I haven't done a great job at keeping her up to date with what's happening here on Amish Highway 35, so here is a smattering of photos to make her homesick.
We celebrated Mitch's 21st birthday with a dinner at the EHaus. Courtney joined us for an evening of good food, laughter, and celebration. Mitch was also lucky that his grandparents happened to be home from Florida for the week, so they joined us too! We missed Grandpa Jay and all his jokes.
Of course, the evening wouldn't have been complete without some wrestling among the cousins. Looks like the girls are winning!

We all got to do a little loving on Baby Brinley! What a sweet little girl!
And now we have just finished sitting at Abbi's basketball games. For a girl that we made play last year, she has really learned to enjoy the game and isn't afraid to take those left-handed shots. But I gotta say that she has told me she still likes volleyball better. *sigh* I love that girl!

So that's what's been happening so far. We are looking ahead to a great Sunday School retreat this weekend in Shipshewana and a warm spring break in Florida in a few weeks!
So that's what's been happening so far. We are looking ahead to a great Sunday School retreat this weekend in Shipshewana and a warm spring break in Florida in a few weeks!
If you want to know more about Alli's journey, you can follow her at
(sure wish I knew how to make this a real link, guess you'll have to copy & paste)
4 comments:
I love that picture from our ice cream night... You and Matt look THRILLED!!!
You are such a wonderful mom, aunt, sister, sis-in-law, great aunt, etc...
baahaha. Yeah, that pic from the ice cream night sure looks like FUUUUN. Sad I missed it :) Hopefully, this was before you skyped with me and then after ALL SMILES! :)
Thanks for the post and the shout out. I miss you all. Love you.
So your family still has ice cream suppers?
Post a Comment