Or the time I cut my finger on a silly mandarin orange can lid? Look here.
Several weeks ago I added another one to my list.
On a cold & rainy morning I pulled into the Essenhaus for our weekly "Bontrager Women" gabfest. Sitting in the parking lot, I finished up a phone call and then quickly sprinted inside for some warm coffee and excellent conversation.
A short time later, ummm ... 1 1/2 hours later (don't judge, we have a lot to cover when we get together) I paid my bill and headed out into the cold & dreary Northern Indiana weather and crawled into my vehicle. Upon sitting in my very warm car, I thought ... "ahhh, this feels good"! Then it dawned on me that my vehicle really probably shouldn't be warm! I glanced at my dashboard and realized that my car was running! Sure thing, for 1 1/2 hours my "stallion" was ready & waiting for me and the long ride home!
So what happens when your vehicle is left running in a parking lot for an unattended and extended period of time?
1. You only use a quarter tank of gas.
2. Someone told me I had to plant an acre of trees to make up for my carbon footprint.
3. You laugh at your stupidity with a good friend.
4. I may or may not have to replace the dead tree at the edge of the parking lot that was soaking up the fumes. Our lawyers are still working it out. (this is a joke) But supposedly if you go to the Tree Tour this weekend that the Essenhaus is having, you might just spot the poor emmission-ravaged tree!
3 comments:
I always wondered what you were referring to on that one facebook comment. :) :) That is hilarious! I can't believe your car did not get stolen! Unbelievable. If I would have known~I would have borrowed it for a while. Gee. free gas. :)
P.S. nice Links.
Hahaha...that's funny. Good thing you live in Middlebury. Anywhere else and that car would have been long gone.
Wow- I just really don't know what to say to this!!! Too funny!! I so wish I had come upon your running car because it wouldn't have been there when you came out! :-)
Post a Comment