Yes, I think life is finally normal, as of today. It's been a strange summer and I at times wasn't sure of the who, what, when, and where! We had one college kid move back home, then travel all over the U.S. for a total of 6 weddings. Another college kid moved home, then moved out again, and he is now happily living independently and working at a job that he loves! A middle-schooler raised animals for the fair, lost a few, got a few ribbons, then sold some animals at auction for big bucks. Our high schooler began flying lessons. Now that was strange! He can't drive a vehicle yet, but has no problems taking to the skies! Dave & I made a 2 day trip to Alaska to attend two memorial services on the same day. A dear friend of ours lost his wife & stepdaughter in a plane accident. That alone, turned my world upside down for several weeks, and I spent much time just sorting out my emotions.
So TODAY I think things are normal! Mitch 1/2 buried the John Deere tractor in mud as he was "working the land" in preparation for deer season. Abbi is Miss Grumpy after having a few friends over for the night. Kevin played soccer late into the night and then was up bright & early for more soccer. Alli played a tennis match today and is once again having problems with her cell phone. Yup, that's pretty normal. Dave worked at work and then came home and worked on his ailing truck ... again. But the most normal of all would be me! I helped coach at a JV volleyball tournament today. Oh the normalcy of yelling and coaching and sitting on the edge of my seat!
Sorry about the lapse of Blog Posts, it has just been a real strange summer.
2 comments:
Thank you for this glimpse into your life! :0)
Yes, I've missed hearing from you~but like to get it in person. :) Should I start coming for brunch since my swimming days appear to be over?
Post a Comment