1. I have had so many life experiences that have made me who I am, so what good would it do to not embrace everything ... good & bad?
2. My patient and loving husband has been with me for 24 of those 46 years. I am in awe at the steadfastness of his love! I will be the first to admit that I have not always been the easiest person to live with, but of course there's always excuses ... I'm pregnant, I have PMS, I just spent the last overnight hours being up with a sick kid ... you get the idea, always excuses! I'm just looking forward to my soon to be revealed excuse .... hot flashes and mood swings! Woo Hoo! But the best of all is that he has promised to be with me in good times & bad, until death us do part! I love this man!
3. I have four wonderful kids that fill my life to the fullest! At this age I am able to enjoy meaningful conversation with all four most of the time. Of course there are still moments of "Huh?" (especially with the verbally-handicapped 16 year old. Too much texting, I say.)
On my birthday I spent a blissful 2 hours with my almost 23 year old, just sitting at the kitchen counter, just "being", and enjoying some conversation about our upcoming trip to Nicaragua for a wedding. Then a few hours later my second son stopped in to give me a birthday hug. There are no words to describe how it feels to have a child that I've spent years raising, who is now 20 and bigger than me, envelope me in his arms for a big old bear hug! It somehow feels so safe and is a major role-reversal. My 12 year old is becoming more independent at the speed of light, but there is also beauty in that. We can leave for an evening and not worry too much. And my 16 year old is following his dreams ... driving in a few months and flying small planes with an instructor.
4. Over the years I have managed to have repair surgery on torn tendons & ligaments on my left shoulder, right elbow & wrist, right knee, and plantar facitis (the old person foot pain). So at least 1/2 my body is like new and ready to take on even the most difficult tasks! I figure I've paid my dues when it comes to repair surgery, so I've got nothing to worry about in the future. What is there not too like about that?
I am enjoying life to the fullest, even at the age of 46! There is something wonderful about being comfortable with who I am and where I am. Are there things that I wish I could redo? Absolutely! But I choose not to dwell on those and just move on with a vow not to make the same mistakes twice. I've learned much, laughed a lot, and loved always! I plan to continue ...

Happy Birthday To Me!
2 comments:
You are so blessed- and such a blessing! :-) Love you!
You are so awesome! I love this post. I celebrate you too~you are so fun to be around & with. You make me excited for the next season as a woman and with my kids as they turn into teens.
Post a Comment