Thursday, September 10, 2009

volleyball, soccer, soccer, volleyball, volleyball ...

.... you get the idea! That's exactly what we have been doing!









We've been enjoying high school soccer with Kevin, college volleyball with Alli, and middle school volleyball with Abbi. There have been several weeks when we have managed to watch 5 games/matches, sometimes several on the same evening.

On one rare afternoon, about 2:00, I decided to sit and take a break before I began the afternoon shift of taxi-driver. I fixed myself a club sandwich with fresh tomato from the garden, sliced some kohlrabi also fresh from the garden, and a big glass of chocolate milk. Having my favorite summertime lunch prepared, I made my way to the sofa to watch my weekly 30 minutes of brainless television. I also made sure I had all necessary electronic devices ready to go!



Left to right: tv remote for power, satellite remote to change channels, speaker remote to control volume (did you know most tv's no longer come with quality speakers?), our pathetic land line phone which has the temperament of a 2 year old, and my trusty cell phone to call people back that I previously "lost" on the land line.

Now would someone please tell me how I'm supposed to relax when I'm staring at all these life-controling items? Next time, I will take my lunch with me to the bedroom, close the door, and enjoy my peace and solitude!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What in the world...You should be soaking in that pool of yours with your lunch and little drink with umbrella...QUICK before all the warm weather goes away!!!

Do you want me to come over and show you how it's done tomorrow???? :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I'm so glad you came to the lake and relaxed in our big bed in the loft! hehe
I'm not sure it's possible to relax with that many remotes and whatever......it's stressful just to figure them out!