So here's the latest!
1. It snowed here on Amish Highway 35! Didn't even have time to get rid of my pumpkins yet. I actually really like this picture and needed an excuse to use it on my blog. I also sent it to WNDU, so it might show up on the news ... who knows?
2. I had my cast taken off and the stitches removed! They were in too long and were wanting to permanently stay in my arm, believe me when I say "it hurt" when that sweet nurse snipped them out! I am now in a long-arm splint that I take off every two hours to do 5 different stretches. I check in with the therapist every week to see how I'm doing. Yesterday I had quite a bit a pain, and I blamed it on the cold snowy weather, because mostly it doesn't bother me.
3. I took Alli to OSMC for an MRI today to begin the process of figuring out what's going on with her ankle that has been hurting her since her sophomore year of high school (she's now a junior in college). We don't rush into things around here! Kevin hobbled around on a broken foot for about 5 weeks last spring before I took him for x-rays, and I nursed my elbow for 2 years before finally having surgery. I say "living with pain is good for a person!" :)
4. Mitch shot a nice 8-point buck Saturday! (Sorry mitch, you probably already knew that)
5. We received a nice casserole tonight from a member of our Sunday School class. Any task with my right hand is still nearly impossible! I love our class!!!
6. Kyle and I used a broom to chase an opposum out of our garage Sunday evening. Those things look like giant rats! EWWWW! If Mitch would've been home he could've shot the ugly thing! He had to hurry back to school to "study"???? Seriously ....
There you go Mitch ... back to the books!
Love, MOM
4 comments:
Mitch shot a Deer!!! I wanna see pictures!!!!
Matt
Cindy, that's a great update!!! So sorry you had so much pain when they took out the stitches. :(
I love how you updated Mitch on his deer. You crack me up.
I'm sure this post took well over 3 hours to type...So thanks for taking the precious time. :)
THe snow caught us by surprise too!!
Way to make Mom post Mitch! MY MAN MITCH! Congratulations on the deer!
Nice pictures of the pumpkins! That was an amazing snow and so beautiful! If the snow would stay that beautiful all winter long then it wouldn't be so bad. I'm not sure why I said that because it's still cold...it just looks so beautiful with the fresh snow instead of the ugly black dehydrated snow that stays until spring! You all know what I'm talking about!
Aren't you glad he reads your blog. I still can't! :) HOpe there aren't any typos!
Post a Comment