Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sit, Abbi, Sit

Just a parenting question for all you experts ... do you think it's harmful if a 14 year old brother whistles at his sister all day long while shopping, as though he's a dog-trainer. Kevin whistled for Abbi to "come" as we climbed into the car to begin our last-minute school shopping errands. It continued at MC Sports (where Heather's buff guy helped us spend a non-working $10 gift card - duh!), on to Kohl's, Target, and Panera. In the midst of the dog-whistle type of "come", he also often inserted his "sit" and "stay" commands. I was just waiting for him to tell her to "roll over", then I would've decked him! At about our Panera stop, Abbi then amazingly perfected her
one-pitch/high-pitch whistle that she's been working on all summer. She discovered that went a loooong way in annoying her dog-training brother. Did I mention that I went to bed last night with a headache and woke up with the same one? You're right, the whistling duo did nothing for my about-to-explode head!

I guess this sibling love goes back to a comment Kevin made last week - "Abbi, it's a good thing we're not married, cuz it would never work!" Wow, Einstein!!!! I could've told you that when the two of you were, oh about 1 and 4!

This post was going to be a sweet sonnet, la la la, about the end of summer and what a wonderful time we had last weekend. And that, perhaps, I will be sad to see the kids return to school tomorrow morning. Well folks, I guess that one will have to wait until my headache is gone, because right now I'm making myself crazy just thinking of all the fun things I can do tomorrow ALL BY MYSELF!

4 comments:

Kim said...

FYI...I think that was my buff guy you saw at MC. :) Sounds like MC is getting a bad rap with fighting kids. Let's just not go there anymore. And I am singing the hallelujah chorus this morning as well!

Anonymous said...

Come on girls! It's called growing up and they'll get over it! Their comes a point in their lives when you can almost reason w/them. Did you notice I said almost?
Kevin should have you & Abbi pick him up at school some afternoon with some amish dresses & coverings on and whistling out the windows......that might fix him! I'm just smiling to myself thinking what that might do to him....so maybe that wouldn't be such a great idea!

Crazy Daze said...

Cindy, I found your blog from Heather's and i have to tell you that your humor has got me laughing out loud! (So loud in fact that Brian came into the office to see if I was ok...then gave me that look...you know...the one that says "Is it really that funny or have you been drinking?") Either way, you're making me smile and it just feels good! Also, Brian got a kick out of the pic's of you and Dave on Sara's site - the one's with the distorted faces! I'm thinking that they would make a great pic in the Goshen News ...maybe for your next anniversary! Just a suggestion! Brooke

Anonymous said...

hey Cindy- Thanks for leaving your comment! Your blog is a hoot! You give me a glimpse of my future! I could sooo hear Micah saying that to Sophie! Is Abby doing okay in that big school. She doesn't seem to be intimidated by much.:) Rose