This is where I’m sitting with my emotions right now. Which I thought was odd and inappropriate until I read my friend Cheryl’s CaringBridge entry, and she wrote about a new word. GOODHARD. Good & Hard can coexist just like I believe my Hope will come & go, but it doesn’t mean God has left me or that He doesn’t have a Future planned for me. I’ve not lost hope, but I often sit and wonder if this is how dying feels. I move slowly between my recliner and the bed and continue to challenge myself to “get moving” to a Future! Thank goodness for morning visits from Abbi and Carson that gives life to each day!
These are a few random thoughts that I work my tired brain through. Warning: This is gut-wrenching, painful processing, that I’ve already warned my kids about. But it’s also my reality. Here’s my HOPE…that these decisions are many of years down the road!
- I’ve got new babies to snuggle, pray for, and love. Abbi & Ian are having a baby boy in April. Making Carson a big brother....And Mitch & Lydia are also adding to the clan in the spring. So much to be excited about! SO much FUTURE! Did you catch that? TWO new babies in the spring!!!
- How much funeral planning should I be doing? Or leave it all up to my family? I don’t want to overwhelm them with decisions. Alli & I already worked our way through a few forms and that’s been very helpful.
- Pallbearers: who do I burden with carrying my steroid- bloated diseased body? Am I buried in an expensive wig I’ve worn 3 or 4 times? Absolutely! Gotta look good, but don’t expect an open casket, I’ve made it well known that I don’t want people staring at me. - Heck, I’m tired of being stared at now and I’m a living breathing human being. -- -- Reminds me … casket … do I pick it out?
- Where do I want to die? Where do my kids want me to die? Here in my home where memories will live on for generations to come? Or in a hospice facility where everything can be managed for the good for all of us?
- FUTURE - Did I mention there’s more grandbabies in my future? There isn’t much more “future” than a brand-new baby. God is SO good! Except as soon as I hang up our new family picture it’s outdated. No problem! I’ll take it.
- I want to travel. Not sure where but I’ve got a list of destinations to see.
- I’ve got a responsibility to be fully present for my kids and grands … especially for Christmas.
“Dear Heavenly Father,
Take my hands and gently lead me back to the middle of a HOPE and a FUTURE. A place of perfect peace where I can rest in your embrace. Amen.”
A fun video of Carson for some smiles...
15 comments:
Thank you for sharing the raw reality of life on Amish Highway 35. We are enriched when you share with us the agony and the ecstasy.
You are amazing ❤️
You're absolutely amazing I think it would be hard to think of some of those things and not know where your futures at but we know it's in God's hands so we just leave it and know that the best will come out of it
I love you 😘
Loving and praying for you daily. Way to go Carson, what a good helper.
Sending a hug—can you feel it??! ♥️ Adding my prayers for your hope and future! These thoughts of yours are simply beautiful. Your honesty is going to make this journey with your family a bit easier. Did you get that? WITH. Never alone!
You are amazing and beautiful!!❤️
Praying for peace, hope and a future
Cindy, keep living the moments. This was a beautiful post to remind all of us to cherish each joy we have❤️
You are quite simply amazing! Continue to speak Jesus over you!
I appreciate your honesty as you wrestle with the meal you’ve been served. You’re chewing on it and trying to digest it all. Hang onto the faith and hope that keeps you going. Sending a virtual hug.
Pondering, many of my own questions and thoughts. It takes courage to ask, to question, to hope, to live, and to share. I love the way you share and more importantly, I love you. Phil Bedsworth from Hesston wrote Fight the Good Fight and he did and you are.
I wrote the above comment. I did not intend for it to be anonymous.
I love your soul and how you express it. You are an inspiration in so many ways ! Praying for hope, strength and your future. 🙏🏻
Praying for you daily.
Post a Comment