Sunday, October 8, 2023

GBM - Blessings Upon Blessings! October 2023

 This Holy Sunday morning began with me throwing a tiny temper tantrum, all because of a stupid wig-wearing attempt. Silly I know, but sometimes a woman with GBM just wants to feel independent and somewhat pretty (not bald!)

Blessing #1.  I dried my tears and made it to Sunday School - 1 full hour of sitting and soaking in all my dear friends, friendly and loving voices whirling around me.  You absolutely don't know how much you miss your church community until you haven't been there for 4 or 5 weeks!

Blessing #2 Everyone else that I saw before church.  Hugs, chitty chat, promises of never-ending prayers!

Blessing #3 A big hug from my favorite drummer (after Tyler Clark)  :)    

Blessing #4 Hugs from high school boys who found the right encouraging words to say to me.  I've said it before but it's worth repeating, our high school and middle school kids are THE BEST!

Blessing #5 Coming home to a comfy bed for a much-deserved nap!



Blessing #6  My college bestie came from Iowa to stay for the weekend and help out.  Great break for Dave and for me.  And bonus:  Fig Pizza at Venturi's 

Blessing #7 The biggie - After I went to bed an acquaintance  (and I mean that because I don't know her well) had been noticing that I didn't have my usual pumpkins on my front porch steps.  So she thought she could surprise us while we were at church.  How cool is that!?!  My porch is decked out just because someone wanted to bless me!  I'm just sitting here feeling all the feels of love from so many of you!

No more tantrums!  Life is too good for that nonsense!  After all, it's just hair a wig!

Looking ahead to Tuesday for the scheduled infusion.  My expectations are HIGH for that little needle to transport my brain into the functioning/ living organ that it's supposed to be.  And if that doesn't happen there may or may not be a ginormous tantrum and then look for smoke on Amish Highway 35, because my emotions are tender and I've likely imploded. But  through it all I will continue to cling to His promise in Jeremiah 29:11 - HOPE and a FUTURE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are surrounded by love! Great to see you with Ruth and Lois. 😁 Keeping you in my heart. ❤️ Anne Breckbill