Now for my story .... after a r-e-a-l-l-y long week for this weary Mom/Wife, things kind of just exploded on Friday. I won't go into a lot of detail here, but most of you homemakers will surely know what I mean when I just say it was one of those weeks that I sure was hoping I'd get laid off, or perhaps be awarded a bonus 2-week vacation because of all the hard work I'd been doing without much appreciation or tremendous pay! (but you know they tell you the benefits are awesome) So skipping through much of the murky mess, which I'm ashamed to say even involved my beloved brother of which I will probably never live this one down, and on to the explosion on Friday which culminated in me ordering two Colts tickets on-line. I told my patient and loving husband that he could either go with me or sit with my brother in some uppity suite. If he would choose not to go with me, I didn't doubt for a minute that I could find a friend or an excited 21 year old daughter to join me. He asked me how much the tickets were, and I asked him (don't you just love answering a question with a question) "how much is too much?" He very wisely replied "I'm not answering that question". Where oh where did I find this guy?!? He also very wisely chose to go with me to the game ....
The very top section of seating in front of that huge window is known as the nose-bleed section. But never fear my dear friends, what you're looking at is the view of that section from our seats in ...
... ROW 11!!! For sure, I was living and breathing everything magical about a Colts game! The smell of sweat, the sound of helmets cracking against each other, watching Peyton brush his hand through his hair each time he came to the bench and took his helmet off, Vinatieri practicing place kicks, Marvin Harrison sitting alone in front of a fan (cooling off fan, not a psycho fan like me), Dungy and Peyton conspiring with the offensive coach, Addai limping off the field. OK enough, you get the picture. Oh yeah, about the nose bleed section ... Dave really did get a nose bleed right there in our row #11 seats, right before kick off and had to spend some time in the restroom to get it stopped.
Speaking of pictures, I need to make a disclaimer here. Silly me left home without my digital camera! So I had to buy one of those disposable 35mm cameras at the stadium. How lame is that!? Not only did they price-gouge me, but the quality leaves much to be desired, and for sure I was humiliated beyond belief every time I had to wind that antique thing that came in a decorative cardboard cover. In the picture below I hope you can get a sense for how very close row 11 is to the players bench. If I would've had my high-tech digital I would've zoomed in and you could've read the names on the backs of the jerseys.
And here is a wonderful picture of my side-kick. Did I mention what a patient, loving, and wise man he is? Don't know what I'd do without him!
As we were leaving the stadium I had to have a picture with Peyton pointing at me!
There are surely some of you who simply don't understand the Colts-mania that I have portrayed here, but please hear me out. Yes, I am a Colts fan, but I also know there are much more important things in life than some football team or players. The whole moral of this messy story is that regardless of the price I paid for the tickets, it proved to be a pretty inexpensive way to get some intensive marital therapy, all in one day! We had 3 1/2 hours of uninterrupted car time going south, and then another 3 1/2 hours heading back north. We tend to go through phases of life where we are just co-habiting and barely functioning as our vows long ago intended. Now I'm not implying that if you crave some alone time with your significant other that you go on-line and buy costly tickets to some sporting event, but life is too short to just "exist"! Have fun, say I love you often, just find time to be together alone (or with 30,000 other people if you must), and don't be afraid to sit in the nose-bleed section!
5 comments:
LOVE IT!!! I'm so jealous. If you ever have any more tickets just needing to be used... CALL ME!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been to a game since my first and only one in 2001... AND they lost. I think it's due time. :) I'm glad you got to go and cheer on my boys!
SO much fun Cindy! And you are so right, taking alone time together is so important. It also helps with an awesome game to go to!
way to go mr hawkins...he IS a wise, wise man! And what a fun memory...no price to great for that right?
Nope, I do not understand the whole Colts mania AT ALL. But I have been there...where you say "No matter what- we're leaving by ourselves tonight" Very important at all stages of a marriage. I'm so glad you had some quality time together. :)
Love the post!! I came across your blog from another! We have been fourtunate enough to have season tickets the past few years. But I am telling you not in row 11! I love sports and just being at the game is so exciting.
Love the blog!
GO COLTS!!
Post a Comment